About Me

My photo
I'm 20 years old and engaged to the most wonderful man alive and I have the most amazing little dog there is. I'm a Texas girl and always will be, no matter how far from home I am.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby bear

I adopted an odd little mixed dog in october.  Not quiet sure what she is.  She looks like a miniature Golden Retriever with funny looking ears and a mane. I got her from a rescue when she was about 3 months.  Unfortunately someone just dropped her off in a kill shelter as a young puppy.  She's had a few problems like demodectic mange, skin/coat issues, and some weird ear problem that the vet can't seem to figure out.  She's absolutely amazing, super cuddly, friendly, and fun.  But don't let that fool you, she's a little devil.  She looks sweet and innocent like she wants to cuddle, and it's nice....then she starts to spread out and take up half the bed...this tiny puppy has half the bed and me and my fiance are left with the wall.  It might not be so bad if she was just spreading out for some room...oh no, she literally takes her feet and pushes us away.  I've almost fallen off the bed because this little 30lb skinny dog pushes me.  And she knows what she's doing, you can tell by the look in her evil little face.  But oh...that face can get away with anything.  Unfortunately she does use it for evil.  We've created a bit of an issue when it comes to feeding.  We don't give her our scrapes, but we do sometimes give her some things as treats (a small chicken piece, a goldfish, and piece of a chip, etc), but only if she is good and not begging, and certainly not every time we eat.  However, when we started giving her food when we got her she wasn't feeling it.  I figured it was because she was so young so she couldn't chew or maybe that she couldn't smell it well (which I do think she has a problem with in general) so we put some warm water in it.  She ate it right up.  And we've been doing that since we got her.  Well now she lets it get real mushy and it's a hassle to put water in it.  We've tried leaving it out for days dry but she won't eat it.  So I tried giving her canned food with a half cup of dry food on top, thought that would work....nope.  The little brat spit it out!  She really does know how to drive us crazy.  Anyway she's on Wellness now (I very highly recommend all natural foods!!) and will be switching her to Blue Buffalo soon.  I think Wellness is a great brad but I'm feeling Blue a bit more, and hopefully she will eat it without water.  If not then I guess I'll just keep putting water in it. -.-  She a smart little cookie and knows how to get what she wants.  I could go on forever about that crazy little girl, but I'll leave it for another post

No comments:

Post a Comment